Suddenly today morning I decided to make “KOTHIMBIR WADI” since I love coriander in any form I am quite surprised I don’t make it often. The entire process of making the vadi to frying them took 30 to 45 minutes simple and fast. There are no proportions the quantities suggested are not measured you can adjust all the ingredients as per your taste.
¼ cup oil
10-15 cloves of garlic, crushed
A big handful of coriander after chopping about 1 cup
½ cup water
¼ cup besan/kadli hit/chana daal atta
¼ tsp haldi/turmeric
1 tsp chilli powder
1. Mix the besan/kadli hit/chana daal atta, haldi/turmeric and chilli powder with a little water to form a paste with no lumps.
2. Grease a plate with oil and grease a base of a flat bowl. Keep aside
3. Heat ½ the oil and fry the garlic till reddish.
4. Next add the coriander and fry till the coriander wilts a little.
5. Pour a little water in the pan and add the salt.
6. Add the besan/kadli hit/chana daal atta paste stirring with one hand as you add the paste with the other.
7. Cook till the mixture dries up and forms a lump in the centre of the pan. (I prefer to add a blob of the mixture on the plate and flatten it, after it cools a little the vadi if done it comes off the plate easily).
8. When this is done transfer all the mixture to the greased plate and pat the mix with the bowl’s base. Use some oil on the base if needed.
9. Cool the mixture. Cut in pieces.
10. Now comes the most difficult decision and the use of the rest of the oil. To fry the pieces in oil or not…. To be or not to be.
11. If to finally decide to fry the pieces shallow fry them on a non stick pan. And watch them diappear.