Wishing all a Happy Republic Day!!
Being Republic Day in a patriotic mood I made what my kids called “Tiranga Chitranna”.
2 cups rice
2 onions, chopped fine
1 cup peas
1 carrot, grated
1 green chilli,slit
1 tbsp oil
Lemon juice (adjust as per taste)
1. Wash, drain and cook the rice with 3 ½ cups water. Cool.
2. Heat oil in a Kadhai. Add mustard, when they splutter add the urid daal.
3. When the urid daal reddens add curry leaves and green chillies. Stir
4. Add the peas with a little salt. Stir fry for about a minute. Now add the onions and cook till the onions are translucent.
5. Now add the rice, salt and mix well. Add carrots and remove the pan from fire.
6. Add the lime juice. Mix well.
7. Serve hot.