Back to basics is running breads and is being hosted by PJ. And I wanted to send something. What better than a raw banana paratha. I know this is one of my shortest posts but today is the last day and I have left it for the last possible moment.
3 cups atta
2 tsp jeera/ cumin seeds powder
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp red chilli powder(adjust as per taste )
1 tsp haldi
1 tsp kalonji(optional)
1 raw banana
1. Peel and boil the banana in the cooker for 2 whistles.
2. Let it cool completely. Now grate it.
3. Mix all the ingredients using a teaspoon or two of oil with a little water to form a smooth but elastic dough.
4. Let it rest for atleast half an hour.
5. Make balls and roll out into parathas. ( I got 16)
6. Heat a griddle/ tava and fry the parathas on both sides. Use oil if you need generally I use oil for every alternate one.
7. Serve with curds, tomato chutney.
Sending to Back to Basics