I would like to thank all of you when you responded to my pleas here asking for help to save my soulless (SOS) cookies!
I am seriously thinking about making atleast 2 batches to put into practice all the suggestions.
Any way here is what I made of the hapless cookies finally. Like it?
Make batch of sugarless cookies first.
Here is howto repair them.
2 ½ cups of cookie crumbs
5o grms butter chilled
400 g of Tropolite (dairy free whip topping), I think it is cream that is vegan
½ cup icing sugar
½ tsp essence of your choice and colour (I used raspberry and red)
1. Put your beater blades and a dry bowl that you will use to beat the cream in the fridge.
2. Line an aluminium ice cream tray with foil. Butter it keep aside.
3. In the mixer make coarse crumbs of the cookie.
4. Cut up the butter in cubes and mix in the crumbs. It should look like coarse dough.
5. Spread it in the prepared tin to form a uniform slab. Something like how you will line a tart base. Chill for ½ an hour.
6. Now take out the Tropolite shake well and pour in the dry chilled bowl.
7. Beat at low speed till it forms soft peaks then add the icing sugar 1 tablspn at a time and whip.
8. Lastly add the essence and colour and whip well.
9. Spoon on the base and set to chill. Here please note that since I was not sure about the whipped cream I put it in the freezer, hence the base was very hard but otherwise it was very yummy.
The girls enjoyed it after their lunch of lasagne all in all we had a yummy Sunday.