With the summer heat soaring we are consuming more and more of chilled beverages. Most often Kid no 2 asks me for Iced Tea. I serve the same Lime Tea only to suit her tastes it is called Iced tea.
I avoid the packaged iced tea as always. Why should I pay so much for something that can be made easily at home? Not only do I monitor what goes in the beverage it’s easy on the pocket.
1 litre water
2 cups sugar
4-5 springs of Pudina/mint
½ tsp green tea
1. In a vessel add the water, sugar, and green tea.
2. Bring to a boil. Switch off the gas and add the pudina/mint leaves if using.
3. Let the leaves steep in the water till it cools down.
4. Strain and add the lime juice.
5. Adjust the sugar.
6. Chill. Serve in tall glasses iced.
Here I have made ice cubes using slices of strawberries and grapes in the water. Pretty are they not?
v You can substitute lemon grass leaves, sugar with honey.
v As kid needs a lot of sugar I use sugar syrup as it is easier to mix. You can also add honey.
v Green tea can be substituted with ordinary tea only reduce the leaves, say 1 pinch.
As my brother says”EEnjoy!”