The other day one of our friends, Mahesh was looking at the pictures in my camera. And he stopped at this picture and asked me what is this?
I did not know how to reply for this was one of the crazy ideas that I had hit on or was it a faint memory of my mom and one of her friends discussing this recipe. I am not sure. I had not shared it with anyone basically because I was alone and so hubby was all ears.
What followed next was how I making of the stuff and the description of the flavours that it had. Mahesh was very interested and hubby was shocked! Hubby was sure I have ruined all the ingredients in whatever I have made. He has not brought the main ingredient since then!
Mahesh who is extremely good at puns and word promptly baptised this dosa as, “Usappam Fenugreek!”
Am I driving you crazy with curiosity? Well good that’s the idea!! Bear with me and I will tell it all…
This is my entry for the Blogging Marathon where we are blogging with alphabets.
So here is U for Usappam Fenugreek they were just 3 of them. Aww! It was a pity and I are them with a dollop of homemade ghee!!
To make Usappam Fenugreek you will need
•1 cup raw rice
• 1 ½ cup of sugarcane juice
• 2 tsp of fenugreek or methi
• Salt to taste
• Homemade ghee
• Wash the rice and drain it.
• Soak overnight in the sugarcane juice the rice and the methi. The amount of sugarcane juice should be enough to soak the rice plus a little above it.
• In the morning grind the mixture to a fine paste avoid using water as far as possible use the sugarcane juice to grind the rice.
• Grease and heat a non-stick pan. When the pan is hot add a ladle of the batter. Using the back of the ladle just spread a little.
• Cover and cook till the dosa reddens a bit. Flip it over and cook on the other side.
• Serve with a dollop of ghee on top. (I did not bother as I had already used ghee to grease my pan).
If you have read till here then Uus is sugarcane in Marathi, Appam is appam and fenugreek is methi!! LOL!
Hi! First time here?
Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here.
If you are my regular visitor then a big Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!