With my FIL having problems with Diabetics we are more careful of his diet. More specifically he is much more acceptable to the changes we are making in his diet. He is no longer allowed the biscuits that he loves or the farsan and sev that he adores. There are more fruits and vegetables in his diet. More low glycimic index food. Low GI foods means that carbs are released slowly in the blood stream.
You can read more about Diabetics here.
Anyway this was the soup I made when he was hospitalized for hypoglycemia. That is when your blood sugar goes lower than acceptable. It was so delicious that I was asked to make it again by none other than my kids. This time we had it with bread.
Do try it out.
By the way Varya che tandul are called samo rice they are white in colour and you need to roast them before using. I have made khichidi using them you can see it here.
Actually I had made this soup ages ago but then I could not make up my mind how to name it. Finally I am posting it today with the a lot of hesitation I am posting this soup for its delicious.
- 4 tblspn varaya che tandul
- 1 tsp ghee
- ½ tsp jeera
- 1 cup bottle gourd, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot cubed roughly
- 1 small piece of red pumpkin
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 flowrets of cauliflower
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- A small piece of ginger
- About a litre of water
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- A dash of turmeric (optional)
- In a pan heat the ghee and crackle the jeera. Add the varya che tandul and roast till you get a nice aroma.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cook till the vegetable are mushy then with an immersion mixer puree all the veggies.
- Add pepper, salt, a pinch of red chilli powder, turmeric and bring to boil.
- Adjust the consistency and serve hot.
Hi! First time here?
Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here.
If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!!