My friend is a Tupperware distributor. Every month she regularly gives me the flyer she receives from them. My interest is not is on sale but what recipes are given there. J
I have copied quite a few of the recipes but this was for the first time tried one out.
Today I decided to try Rava Idlis. Well I do try them out regularly you may expect me to be an expert in making them but in actual fact we, the Rava idli and I do not agree. The Rava Idlis do not agree that and I am the boss and I expect them to turn out in a particular fashion.
Either the idlis are soggy or they are flat pancakes. So when these came out so beautiful I was thrilled.
So thrilled that I carried them to work just to admire them!!
Crazy am I not? But that is bound to happen when you keep promising yourself every time” last time I am making these idlis. “
These make just 21 idlis so plan according to your needs and Enjoy!!
Spicy Corn and Cabbage Rava Idlis
Recipe Source: Tupperware Flyer
Yield: 21 idlis
- 2 ½ cups rava
- 1 ½ cup cabbage
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 3 tblspn oil ( I use rice barn oil)
- 1 tsp urid daal
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp eno fruit salt
- ¼ tsp oil for greasing
- 1 tblspn hot and sweet sauce
- Salt to taste
- Combine rava, buttermilk, salt and 2 tblspn oil in a bowl and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 1 tblspn oil add the mustard. Once the mustard crackles add the urid daal.
- Add the corn and cabbage once the urid dal becomes reddish. Sauté for a minutes.
- Add the hot and sweet sauce. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the rava batter and mix well.
- Add eno and mix well. Sprinkle water if needed. (I did not).
- Mix well. Spoon in the greased idli mould and steam for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with onion and tomato chutney.
This goes for the January Week 3, Cooking from Cookbook Challenge Group
Hi! First time here?
Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here.
If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!!