The cupcakes were to be frosted but before they could cool down they had all disappeared in the tummies that were waiting at the first aroma of the baking cupcakes.
I had not lined the silicon moulds as I was unable to find any shop that was selling the liners of the size of my moulds. The muffins were so light and delicious that the fact that we could not un-mould them bid not deter anyone. The cupcakes were eaten right from the moulds. J
The only moulds that had the liners were these small ones and the only cupcakes that I had that were kept as my” models” as they are called.
Yields: 36 cupcakes
· 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
● 1 cup(s) good-quality cocoa
● 1 tablespoon(s) bakingpowder
● 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
● 2 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
● 3/4 teaspoon(s) fresh-grated nutmeg( I did not use)
● 3/4 cup(s) buttermilk
● 1 1/2 cup(s) pumpkin puree
● 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
● 283grams salted butter, softened
● 1 1/2 cup(s) (firmly packed) dark brown sugar
● 1 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
● 5 large eggs
1. Heat oven to 160ºC. Since I bake in the convection side of my microwave I am baking at 160ºC else you will need to bake at 180ºC.
2. Grease the muffin moulds and line with the paper liners.
3. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon in a large bowl and set aside.
4. Combine the buttermilk, pumpkin, and vanilla in a medium bowl and set aside.
5. Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl, with an electric mixer until fluffy.
6. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until the mixture is smooth and light.
7. Alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture, blending well after each addition.
8. Divide the batter among the moulds and fill each with 1/4 cup of batter. Bake for 22 minutes or the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I would like to announce that I will be taking a short break. With Carpel tunnel rearing its ugly head again I am scared and under a lot of pain so atleast for 15 days I will not be here. Please excuse me. Also I will try and read your posts but my comments will e something like yum or equally stupid but I hope you ladies will be understanding enough to accept the comment as something that I will be doing because it is so and I cannot be as vocal with my comments as I will like to be.
Linking this to Baking Partners
document.write(”); All rights reserved on photographs and written content are copy-written @The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen!! unless mentioned. Please Ask First